CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 13, 2010

Something's missing

It's like I lost my best friend

or chopped off my hand

or forgot to put on pants.

I don't really know how to blog, to live, to function without my camera.

It's been a week and a day since I dropped it in the sand and broke it.

The guy at the camera store said it would likely cost me in the $100 region to fix it, but it's only a pocket camera AND it wouldn't cost much more than that to replace it completely.

So, that's what we're going to do, but we're debating what kind of camera to get. I want a certain style and Hubby wants a style, and once we hammer that out, we have to pick the brand, and the model. We're not going to spend beaucoup bucks getting a new camera. Not right now while we're trying to sell this house and buy a new one.

But I simply cannot live without a camera. This week has been crazy. It's like I quit smoking or something. I keep reaching for that camera and it isn't there. Or rather, it's there, but it's dead. I have phantom camera syndrome and it's sad.

I never realized HOW MANY TIMES a day I use it. I photograph EVERYTHING!

So, yeah. I miss it. A lot.

I have contemplated getting some film and a battery for my good old 35mm, but I must admit I am kind of (OK, not kind of, very) spoiled by the instant gratification of digital. Being able to take and retake the shot as many times as necessary to get what I want. Film seems like a grand waste of money at this point! Especially when it comes to developing.

It's kind of like DVR. I don't even know how to watch TV anymore if I can't pause, rewind and record at will. If it wasn't for DVR, I would never get a chance to see anything I like on TV because all my watching is done at very random times, and mostly in ten minutes bits and pieces!

I digress. I'm not talking about DVR. I'm talking about my camera.

Which I miss.

Terribly.

:(

0 comments: