Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, except for a mouse

Until he died.

I'm not even kidding.

We went to my father-in-law's house on Christmas Eve, then came home to put the kids to bed and wrap their gifts. We tucked our little angels in, and then headed to the basement where everything was hidden. We opened the door and there lay a freshly-dead mouse to welcome us.


A couple weeks earlier, I had been sitting at the computer, which is in the bonus room above the garage, and I heard something scratching around above my head, in the attic space. Hubby climbed up there and put down some D-Con.

We figured that's what killed this mouse.

So, we wrapped the kids' gifts and I headed to bed because Hubby always has secret Christmas business that I'm not allowed to see. Then he showed up in the doorway of the bedroom with something in his hands.

It was a lovely white chocolate Santa he had bought from Sanders to put in my stocking.

But someone got into it first.


So now we're thinking the mouse died of Death by (white) Chocolate.

Jordan awoke at 11:15, just as I was getting comfortable in bed, and had to be snuggled back to sleep. Logan tried to get up at 2:30 and I quickly vetoed that idea. I don't know if I was "on guard" listening for kids to creep down the stairs or if I was just excited or what, but I didn't sleep much. Finally at 6:30 Logan woke up again and Christmas morning began. First, though, I had to wake up Jordan, who really really just wanted to sleep. He got over it, though.

It was a lot of fun. Logan was tearing into the gifts like crazy. This is the first year he has done it. Usually it takes literally hours for him to make it through his gifts, because he wants to open and play with each one as he opens it. He tore everything open before playing this year.

Jordan was pretty slow about opening. He got his Little People raceway ramp thingy from Santa and his Pillow Pet puppy and he was perfectly happy with that and didn't seem to want anything else.

Here is a photo of the mess. Note the presents still on the coffee table. Those are Jordan's. The stockings were still stuffed, too. We waited a while to open those. They were stuffed with lots of (too many) yummies and some other small treats. Hubby and I ONLY do stockings for each other, and we each got each other new Timex Ironman Triathlon watches for running and new weight lifting gloves, among other things.

The kids loved their gifts, but like most kids these ages, the box can be even more fun. This was a bean bag box, and it had pre-made "windows" so it made a great play house. It lasted until today (the 27th) and became demolished, so now it's a trash holder and will go to the curb tomorrow.

One thing that made this Christmas morning super special was that Logan lost his first tooth! How exciting!

The Tooth Fairy came Christmas night and put a $2 bill in the tooth's place. Logan came downstairs the next day and said "Mom! I got a dollar, except it's got a 2 on it!" He'd never seen a $2 bill before. Neat.

So, it was a fantastic Christmas with my three men, and we're having a nice family week while Hubby's off work and Logan's off school. Come Jan. 3, this house is going to seem very quiet and lonely without them.

I'm going to suck it up as much as I can this week!

We have no New Year's Eve plans as usual. That holiday always depresses me. I sit here and Hubby falls asleep on the couch and I force myself to stay up even though I usually go to bed at 9. For some reason I feel a need to watch that dumb ball drop, even though it makes me cry and feel sad. Whatever.

So, hope you all had a Merry Christmas and have a very Happy New Year!



Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun said...

I cannot get over how much older Logan looks!

And that's crazy about the mouse! Eep!

Heather said...

That might have just killed my love for white chocolate.