CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 16, 2010

Ghetto Gumby guest post

This post was written by Ghetto Gumby, a nomadic friend I hosted recently. He wrote up his post and it was my job to get the photos loaded up, and I've been so busy it kind of slipped my mind. Anyway, GG arrived on my birthday, June 16, and then headed up to the Mackinac area with us on our camping trip. He traveled on to Green Bay, Wisconsin, after he left here.

Here is his version of his visit.


Hi y'all. I'm Ghetto Gumby, or GG for short. I was born in Texas. My mom, Shauna Glenn, is an author and blogs at shaunaglenn.com. She decided to send me on a world tour this summer, and I've been having a blast.

I arrived in Michigan at Krystal's house on June 16, which happened to be her 34th birthday. However, since she's lame, I couldn't get her to go out. She kept saying something about needing a babysitter for the kids and I told her that's what duct tape and television is for, but she wouldn't go for it. Whatever.

As soon as I got there, her son, Logan, took me around to show me the house. Then he decided to serenade me on the electric guitar. It was awful. Can you see the pain on my face?



In fact, it was so bad, I decided to commit suicide. Now, it's an odd thing for sure, but I'm deathly allergic to cabbage, so I decided that would be the way to go. I managed to get into the fridge and was well on my way to "the light."



But then Krystal opened the door and found me. "Go away," I begged. "Just let me die."



But, of course, she didn't. Instead she decided to cheer me up, so she gave me a new hairdo



And then, after I begged her, she gave me a tattoo. I knew exactly what I wanted. You see, I missed my mom a lot, so I decided to get a "Peace, Love and Pinot Grigio" tattoo, which is how she signs her books. See?



So, here's the tattoo I got. It's on my butt.



We left for the camping trip and arrived at Wilderness State Park on Lake Michigan. It was so beautiful.



I had a great time playing on the beach and at the camp site. I drank a lot and *might* have passed out in a dump truck for a while. I don't really remember.











In Mackinaw City, I found the perfect shirt for my mom, but she hadn't sent any spending money along with me, so I didn't get to buy it for her.



Krystal was nice enough to make me a Ghetto version of the shirt when we got home, though, before I headed to Green Bay. That was sweet. She even cut the fabric from a part of her husband's old T-shirt that didn't have a pit stain on it.





I had a great time in Michigan and I'm really enjoying my world tour, but I can't wait to get home to Texas and tell my mom all about my adventures.

Thanks, Mom!

10 comments:

Tina said...

That was so cute to read!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! GG looks like he'll have a day or two getting over that holiday. Love the tattoo! LOL

shauna said...

Love the new do!

MJ said...

WOW! GG had way more fun with you than with me....Love the tattoo and t-shirt!

Anonymous said...

Looks like he had a great time. I love the new hair do and tattoo.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! I love the tat!

Becky Mochaface said...

That tattoo rocks!

Brooke said...

Oh I just laughed so hard it hurt literally... Looks like GG had a blast with ya'll.

Marlene Greis said...

Hello There,

My name is Marlene and I'm a professional blogger.

I have over three years of experience writing for the web and have covered plenty of interesting topics.

I noticed that you have a blog and was wondering if you would be interested in allowing me to write relevant, useful topics on your blog at no cost.

At this point in my writing career, I simply want to get more visibility for my writing and I will write for free as long as you are okay with me adding a small author bio section next to each blog post about myself.

Please let me know if you're interested and if you'd like for me to submit a sample blog post for your approval.

Thanks a bunch,

Marlene

Tess Young said...

Hello There,
I just wanted to see if you were currently interested in additional guest bloggers for your blog site.
I see that you've accepted some guest posters in the past - are there any specific guidelines you need me to follow while making submissions?
If you're open to submissions, whom would I need to send them to?
I'm eager to send some contributions to your blog and think that I can cover some interesting topics.
Thanks for your time,
Tess