CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Eerie orange light

Last night, shortly before sunset, there was this crazy cloud hovering over our house. It was casting an eerie orange light over everything. This wasn't your typical sunset lighting. It was *glowing*

I walked outside and it looked like I had a major suntan going on. The driveway, deck and roof were glowing and the neighbor's house looked orange. It was just really, really weird. It only lasted five to ten minutes, and I stayed outside looking at it pretty much the whole time.

I snapped a few photos. You can tell it looks weird, but the photos really don't capture the glow exactly as it was.















See how everything's kind of glowing orange, but the sun's not shining on it? For example, the neighbor's house, seen here, is actually a light blue color.



There was a patch of neat-looking mammatus clouds, seen here during the glow and then again after it went away.





Anyway, I love watching the sky, whether it's sunrise, sunset, storms, northern lights, meteor showers, rainbows or whatever, so this glowing cloud thing was interesting to me and I thought I'd share.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

1 comments:

Ballerina Baller said...

that reminds me of the tornado lights that happened just before the tornado hit downtown atlanta 2, maybe 3 years ago. everything started glowing then we heard that a real live tornado touched down right up the freeway from us!