CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Body After Baby--last week!

Here we are in the final week of the Body After Baby Challenge at Mama Notes.

Week 7 ended much as week 6 ended. No loss. My weight has been all over the place the past few days and my monthly visitor is due to arrive any second. I'm not regular yet, as I'm still nursing and just started having periods again two months ago, so I know when it's been at least a month, I have horrible skin and cramps, it's time to look out! Lucky me, that also comes with a few pounds of bloat, so I'm not exactly sure where I stand as far as weight goes. I am pretty certain, however, that I did not lose.

So, I will not be meeting my 8 pounds in 8 weeks goal for this challenge, which is a bummer. Photos show no difference based on the 3 1/2 to 4 pounds I did lose.

Things I have learned during this challenge:

1) Exercise is not my problem. I really have no problem getting in my workouts.

2) If I want to lose weight, I have to strictly track every single morsel I am putting in my mouth. If I don't track, I don't lose. This is a pattern I have seen for years. If I want to lose weight, I MUST track, whether it's Weight Watchers points or calories. It stinks because I suck at tracking. That's where I fall off the wagon. I get lazy.

3) All those celebrities who say they lost 60 pounds in 4 months merely by breastfeeding can kiss my oversized butt. That NEVER happens for me. In fact, I am pretty sure I'm one of those women that holds on to a few of the pounds until my child is weaned.

4) When I am tracking my food and I don't take in enough calories, my milk supply suffers, and I'm not willing to do that to my baby.

Also during this challenge period I set some goals for the future. I didn't meet my challenge goal, but I AM NOT DONE.

I want to:

1) Reach my pre-baby weight (around 13 pounds to go) by the time we go down south in early March for a friend's wedding.

2) Regain my (strength) ability to do five unassisted pull-ups by my birthday in mid-June. I could do about 4 and 3/4 pull-ups by myself before I got pregnant with Jordan.

3) Train for and complete the Brooksie Way Half Marathon in October to celebrate my 9th wedding anniversary. My previous longest race was 10 miles (the Crim) in 2006 and I haven't run anywhere near that length since, because my feet are all messed up.

As far as points earned in the challenge, I THINK I have it figured out...

Signing up for ning site = 5 of 5 possible points
Week 1 (water drinking) = 56 of 56 points
Week 2 (walking) = 11 of 28 points
Week 3 (healthy meals) = 17 of 21 points
Week 4 (crunches) = 350 of 350 points
Week 5 no challenge
Week 6 (sleep 8 hours) = 1 of 8 points
Week 7 (exercise/water) = 63 of 63 points
Week 8 no challenge

So, if my math is correct, I got 503 of the possible 531 points in this challenge.

Anyway, this Body After Baby thing ends on Saturday, I think, so that's that. I'm just going to try to do my best through the holidays, track if I can make myself and keep plugging away toward my goals!

5 comments:

Melinda said...

I think my biggest thing was tracking what I ate. I know if I stop, then the weight will creep back. Maybe not fast, but I know it will.

You have some great goals!
I just need to find the motivation to keep working out. I get lazy... and exhausted easily. lol.

Unknown said...

Tracking food sucks but I too have to do it on some level. For me though, I'm finding that I don't have to be OCD about it but I do have measure most of my foods (mostly the starchy ones.) Protein I dont worry about so much & veggies...well, no one ever got fat eating veggies!!

You WILL do this sis! :)

Krystal said...

Yeah, I say "every single morsel" but i will never ever track veggies! i just guesstimate.

Green Mama said...

Running a race is an awesome motivator. It worked for me, I did a mini-indoor triathalon when my son was 10 weeks and I did a 10 miler when he was 6 months. I didn't do either by myself...I always have had someone doing them with me, that is the key!
Also, not counting works for me, I just cut out processed foods!

Gwenn said...

Wow, you got a lot of points! Great job on all the exercising, you're my hero! I pretty much didn't..lol I also set a goal to lose weight by March..I still need to lose 18lbs. I don't usually lose the last 5 or so until my baby has weaned though.