CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 30, 2009

I'm a slacker!

Hi everyone!

Hope you all had a fantastic long weekend. It was so nice to have Hubby home for four days, I didn't even bother to blog!

We just hung out here at home on Thanksgiving. I went for a 3-mile jog at one point, and it wasn't easy for some reason. I had to stop and walk a few times. Maybe because I was in the process of getting sick. I made cornish game hens, candied sweet potatoes and reduced-fat crescent rolls and opened a can of cranberry sauce, and then for dessert, I made graham cracker crust and put it in mini pie tins and filled it with Jell-o pumpkin spice pudding. Aside from the texture, it tasted just like pumpkin pie. So, we didn't overeat, which was nice.

Here's Logan crushing graham crackers for me. He thought it was fun.



Oh, and Mother Nature finally gave me my girl gift, on Thanksgiving, something like 3 weeks late. Gee, thanks.

Hubby ventured out just before dinner to see if he could get one of the half-off Wii Fit systems at Meijer but they were gone. Bummer!

Then the boys watched Charlie Brown Thanksgiving for the first of at least 12 times over the weekend! My sons both LOVE Charlie Brown. They watched the Great Pumpkin over and over, and now this one, so everyone's looking forward to Charlie Brown Christmas, which will be on tomorrow night. It's funny, even Jordan stops in his tracks when he hears that piano song they always play on the Charlie Brown shows.

We didn't go anywhere near the stores on Black Friday. I actually went to see New Moon all by myself (Thanks Hubby!). I was pleasantly surprised that I really liked the movie. I wasn't ALL that thrilled with Twilight after I loved the book so much, and I wasn't SUPER thrilled with the New Moon book so I didn't have HUGE expectations but I really liked it. Well, except the ending (ROLLING EYES).

In fact, I have found myself making an abrupt switch to Team Jacob (and no, Hubby, it's not about the muscles!) I get the whole Edward thing, and the love story is all about him and blah blah blah, and when I read the books I loved Edward, but I just really liked how Jacob's character developed in New Moon. He's supposed to be just this 15-year-old kid, but in ways he seems more grown-up than 109-year-old angsty, tortured Edward. I guess I kind of got sick of Edwards constant in-pain expressions, and liked how Jacob was kind of like the bad-boy without being bad at all. It's more like he just goes for what he wants with no apology while Edward tiptoes around everything, denying denying denying himself.

Oh, and I really really want a brown T-shirt with white trees on it like the one Jacob was wearing. I really liked it.

Whatevah. And before you think I'm some crazy cougar, I don't much care for either Robert Pattinson or Taylor Lautner! They are doing well in the roles, though. I am very much looking forward to the next two movies, and there had BETTER be a next two because I think it would be disgraceful if they just stopped short of Breaking Dawn, since that's the best of the lot!

Speaking of books, I read Emily Giffin's "Baby Proof" this weekend. I'm in the middle of Christopher Knight's "The World is Black and White," and I have Richard W. Carson's "Murder in the Thumb" and Bob Butz' "Going Out Green" (which I will be reviewing here) waiting on my nightstand. I also have another Emily Giffin book requested at the library so I will probably get that this week. It's funny, I can go months without having anything to read then I get a bunch of stuff all at once.

On Saturday I hit the gym pretty hard. I did 30 minutes of stairs (hard, due to getting sick) and then I had a great weights workout. I felt really strong, which is crazy because I spent the rest of the day feeling yuckier and yuckier. Hubby started putting up the Christmas lights and I put up our nativity, which is really nice. My grandma hand-painted a set back in 1988 for each of her 7 children, and when my parents moved up north, my dad left his with me because he had made the stable scene to fit our front bay window.



Saturday night I felt pretty darn bad through the night. I've got a really sore throat and when I breathe in, my lungs hurt, especially down my back. I'm kind of stuffed up too and have a nasty cough sometimes. Ick.

Yesterday (Sunday) we went to church, which was really pretty all decked out for Christmas. We got groceries and Hubby got most of the rest of the lights up. Our front yard is full of tall pine trees, and he wraps each trunk in different colors. He always does one red and white candy cane tree for me. I love it!

Aren't they pretty?







I just rode the bike at the gym and read for a half hour and called it good because I felt yucky. I also finally ended my six-day quest to rent Santa Buddies, which came out on Tuesday. Our local store only got 3 copies and I have been checking in daily trying to rent it becaue Logan wanted to see it SO BADLY! I finally rented it and... he decided he didn't want to see it after all! I was so mad! I kind of went off on him and he ended up halfheartedly watching it. Kids! I am SO GLAD I didn't just buy it like I had considered doing!

My ta-ta boo-boo is still there. On Friday Hubby asked me why I was continuing to nurse on that side if it was hurting me so much, why didn't I just pump? Well, duh! So I started pumping and it was much less painful and Jordan took half his daily milk from a bottle and it started healing up. I tried nursing again this morning and it re-cracked, so I guess I wasn't quite healed enough. I don't know if it's a crack or if one of his teeth is catching me just right when I nurse. Pumping's a pain, but hopefully only a couple more days and I won't have to do it anymore.

Playing with his bottle of Mama milk





I did give Jordan a taste of cow's milk over the weekend. The pediatrician said that when he's 10 months, he can have 1/3 of his daily milk as cow's milk, then 2/3 at 11 months and all cow at one year (this is because I told the doc I plan to nurse until he's one.) He seemed to like it but still can't get the concept of a sippy cup. He'll kind of hold it and suck on it and get upset because he's not getting anything. He can't seem to figure out how to tip it up even after I show him, so he gets mad at the cup.

"What is this stuff?"



"How do I get it out?"



"Hey, this stuff isn't that bad!"



I am almost done holiday shopping! Only a couple more things to get! Wooo! Now I just need to keep my butt out of the stores so I don't keep getting "just one more thing." We're planning to go cut our tree next weekend, so that will be nice too.

OH! Forgot to add... Hubby successfully changed several cloth diapers this weekend, including a poopy one, and HE DID THE TOILET DUNK AND GOT THE POOP OFF IT instead of just leaving the mess for me. I am wholly impressed. That was my final cloth diapering concern, and he passed with flying colors! :)

OK, then. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Christina said...

Whew! I feel like I have SO much to say after reading that post...I hope I remember.

1) What about the ending was frustrating to you in the movie?? I'm trying to remember back to what happened. Also, now I get your Team Jacob switch, but I'm still Team Edward. Let's duel ;) Ha!

2) LOVE the lights!! I like the candy cane tree idea too. Also, that is such a nice gift from your grandma to have as tradition in your house. It's a beautiful nativity scene.

3) Makenzie had the same issues with sippy cups for a long time. Then one day she just got it. Wish I knew a trick that got her started, but nope.

Krystal said...

Caution! New Moon ending spoiler if you haven't read/seen it yet!

The ending that was like:
E: "Marry me"
B: *sharp inhale*
then credits.

it was frustrating because i wanted it to keep going!

Christina said...

Oh, makes sense! I was a little "Huh?" on that too. I get that it ends how the book ends, but definitely a cliff hanger. And they have already filmed Eclipse I believe, so at least we know there will be a 3rd one. I think it might even be out summer. Woot!!!