CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 9, 2009

Let the week begin!

Good morning!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Sunday was beautiful here again. Sunny and 60s! It was so nice, I was able to hang the diapers outside to dry. (This is about a day and a half worth.)



With Logan's help, I was able to finish the raking. Glory Hallelujah! I conned him into helping me back by the HORRIBLE black walnut tree by telling him I would buy him a new monster truck if he would pick up a lot of the zillion black walnuts that had fallen from the tree. They're really hard to rake up! So, with a little coaxing, he did. He actually did a great job. Together, we filled the wheelbarrow four times!





In the meantime, Jordan was either napping, sitting in his Exersaucer watching me and Logan work or sitting in the grass eating leaves, bugs and whatever else he could find to sample.





Hubby was in the bathroom again. Oh, the poor man must be SO TIRED of spending his weekends in that tiny little room! He got the floor tiled, though, and it looks SO NICE! He just needs to seal the grout and finish trimming the window, and caulking around the tub and shower, which he'll probably do this week, if he has time. Then comes the toilet and vanity and lights and we will be good to go!

This is what it looks like now, and as soon as it's sealed, WE WILL BE ABLE TO SHOWER AT HOME!!!



But, can you see the two clamps that are holding the window sill on in the picture? BIG BAD THING happened last night... after they sat there all day, all of a sudden BAM! One of them fell off. Into our brand new tub. Taking a chunk out of it. Words are not enough to express how angry, upset and disgusted this made Hubby (and me, too, but he's the one who has put his blood, sweat and tears into this project). I mean, after all this work, some stupid clamp falls and damages our brand spankin' new tub. It STINKS!

So, anyway, we all took off last night and took showers at the gym, then Logan and I stopped and got a monster truck for him and a 6-pack for Hubby and me (we tried the new Bud Light Golden Wheat. Not bad.) and came home for dinner.

That's about it for the weekend. Oh, and yesterday Logan was practicing his letters on his white board. I laughed when I saw it later. He's got the left-to-right thing down pat, but he wrote it bottom-to-top. Silly boy!




Despite a lot of soreness from raking, I got up this morning and went for a 2.8-mile run, showered at the gym and here I am. Logan has school today and my house is an utter disaster.

As a matter of fact, I've been quite crabby recently and a large part of it is the huge disorganization of my house right now. I can't even THINK. My NaNoWriMo novel is waaaaaay behind and I'm realizing I am probably not going to meet my 50,000 words by the end of November goal. I do want to keep trucking at it when I get a chance, though. I'd love to say I've written a novel, even if it never sees the paper-and-ink stage!

So, I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

Oh, and check out this post written by Samantha over at Mama Notes. I think it's a wonderful post and it's something all stay-at-home moms should keep in mind when we find ourselves up to our ears in dirty diapers, dishes, laundry and baby toys! We do this for a reason, and it's an amazing reason!

0 comments: