CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 6, 2009

Wow, it's Friday already?

Happy Friday everyone!

It's been a busy week. I was able to rake on Wednesday and got about a third of what I need to rake up. Then it was windy yesterday and blew the remaining leaves all over the place! I was going to try to rake some more while Logan is in school today, but I'm not sure he's going. He's up there in his bed, reallllllly congested and with a barking cough. No fever, though, so that's good.

Bathroom update... Hubby's been coming home from work and heading in there right after dinner all week. He has done a couple coats of primer and a couple coats of paint. I think he probably wants to do one more coat of paint, and then he'll hook up the shower. However, this weekend's project is tiling, grouting and sealing the floor, and once that process is going, we won't be able to go in there and walk on it until it dries for 24 hours. I'm thrilled, though! It's getting there! After the floor is done, the toilet and vanity will go in, then the lights and then all the pretty stuff like the shower curtain and cabinet and mirror and towel hooks, etc. I'm so excited to see it. It already looks great with a fresh coat of white paint on the walls.

This week Jordan started crawling, and if I hold his hands and let him get his balance, I can take my hands away and he'll stand there on his own for a few before he loses his balance and sits down. He is pulling himself up all the time now. He's ready to take off, and another reason I can't wait for this project to be done is that I need to really deep-clean the floor, babyproof like a mad woman and get the gate at the top of the basement stairs so I can let him roam freely. I've had to either keep him in his Super Yard or watch him like a hawk because there's so much stuff laying around. And yesterday, I had to fish one of the rubber pokey things off Logan's Koosh ball out of Jordan's mouth because he ate it.

Logan has been writing up a storm this week! He burned thorugh most of a note pad and an entire box of envelopes writing letters to his school friends. He wrote ALL DAY yesterday. He has more than 20 letters in his backpack waiting to go to his friends, and he's going to be bummed if I have to keep him home sick today!

His writing skills are really improving. He's only four, but he's started using correct punctuation and he's even dabbling in cursive. His handwriting is pretty darn good, too, when he takes the time to make it so. I am proud of him.

Speaking of writing, I'm not doing so great with my NaNoWriMo project (Write a 50,000-word novel during the month of November.) I just don't seem to have the time to get in my daily word count! I've written 4,890 words so far, and have discovered by looking on Amazon.com that BOTH of the titles I had in mind have already been used for fiction novels. Grrr...

I'll keep plugging away at it, though, even though I really don't know where the plot is going! I haven't done any creative writing in a long time, so it's nice to flex those muscles.

I was reallllllly tired last night after maybe 4 hours of sleep the night before and raking the day before, so I found myself in bed and asleep before 9 p.m. Yeah! I slept from about 8:50 p.m. to 5:45 a.m., getting up a couple times with Jordan. I finally got some sleep!

OK, well, I hear the pitter-patter of little feet upstairs so I guess it's time to go for now!

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

1 comments:

MarciaG said...

Hi Krys!
A novel...holy smokes woman! What an ambitious project to take on.... YOU RULE lady! You can do it....I will buy it! :)
You have had a busy week indeed.
You deserve a nap...good luck with that (ha)