CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving's over... or is it?

Well, the big long weekend of football and turkey and overeating is finished for another year, but do me a favor. Please don't stop being thankful for your blessings!

I was making my Hubby's lunch last night (I always make my Hubby's lunch. I love the idea of sending him off to work with something I prepared for him.) and I had this overwhelming wave of mush wash over me. I just felt so happy and thankful that I had him to make lunch for. I had to write him a note telling him what a wonderful husband and father he is, and that even though Thanksgiving weekend had come to an end, I was going to continue to be thankful for him every single day. I stuck the note in his lunchbox for him to discover today. I hope it made him smile when he read it.

I really am lucky to have him and my sons and this house and food and heat and clothes and TVs and a gym membership and so on. I am truly lacking NOTHING.

I intend to keep this in mind the whole year through and not just one day in November.

Do you do the same?

2 comments:

Christina said...

GREAT post! And so sweet what you did for hubby. I need to have a surprise note for Peter somewhere now. Hmmmm.....

Mellissa said...

Love that you wrote him a little note! So sweet :)