CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

terrabella accents

A while back, I decided out of the blue one day that I wanted some wooden bangle bracelets. I don't know why. I mentioned it on Twitter and one of my "Tweeps" sent me a link to the terrabella accents etsy shop.

I took one look at these bracelets and immediately placed an order. No shopping around or anything.



It was a total impulse purchase of something completely frivolous, but I couldn't help myself. They were so pretty.

The bracelets arrived from Nicaragua, and two of them had broken on the trip to Michigan. I was so sad! I contacted the seller, Sheila, and she immediately sent me out a new set, no questions asked. AWESOME customer service, no?

A while later, I went back and did some more browsing in her etsy shop. Boy, are there some neat wooden things! I would probably buy one of everything if I could. Guess I'll have to settle for my gorgeous bracelets.

My photos aren't as good as the one above, which is from the etsy site, but these are my bracelets





The cool thing is, none of them are exactly alike, and they are made from sustainable wood bits left over from the seller's husband's carpentry business. ECO-FRIENDLY, folks! That gets a big thumbs-up from me.

Here's a little about what Sheila has to say about her etsy items:

"'Terrabella' means 'beautiful land' and perfectly describes the setting in which I live. Our country has different natural resources in the different regions. We have volcanoes, fresh water lakes and lagoons, beaches in the Pacific Ocean and Carribean, mountains, and rivers. Each small picturesque town has its own traditions and foklore... We moved from Florida to Nicaragua in 1995 on a 3 year adventure and now its 2010!

My husband’s carpentry uses larger pieces of sustainable wood; therefore I found a way to use his tiny pieces of wood to tie them in with what I love to create. It is a byproduct and gives me the gratification of having found something useful and beautiful to do – one’s man’s garbage is another one’s treasure.....

I have always been fascinated by the different regions and the ingenuity of the people in each region and found ways to help sustain and support individual families.

The crocodile leather is bartered from a family that lives in the lake region where crocodiles are sustainably farmed and are used as their main source of meat. I give them bangles for their artisanal creations and they give me small amounts leather in return.

The baskets are elaborated in the northern region of the country where the lower temperature and higher altitude provides pine trees that do not exist in any other region. Since my grandmother is from this region and we are constantly travelling there, I always purchase whatever amount of baskets this one particular family has made and then I embellish them with natural seeds, metals, and fibers."

I was impressed with these gorgeous bracelets and I don't regret purchasing them at all. If you're looking for a unique gift for Mother's Day or a little treat for yourself, I urge you to stop by the terrabella accents etsy shop.

BY THE WAY... If you haven't noticed, Sheila left a comment on this post offering my readers a special deal in her shop! :) Now you can get something for you AND for mom!

2 comments:

terrabella said...

Thank You Krystal for this wonderful review :) I would like to offer all of your readers a Buy 2 get 3rd free on any purchase by mentioning your blog.
Have a wonderful day and thanks again!
Sheila

Michaela said...

wow, those are very pretty, and I totally love the sustainability of them. Yay. Hey Krystal I luv your sense of humour, u r a crack-up! Come on over and visit my blog Oxygen, I think you would have fun.xx