CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 24, 2010

1 lb at a time week 4

1 lb at a time


Well this past week we were supposed to be keeping track of water in an attempt to drink more.

Well, I did drink more than usual so that was good, but I didn't keep track. I couldn't even keep track of my own head this week. I got very little sleep most nights. This whole baby not sleeping through the night business is killing any attempts I make to lose weight and be healthy, I'm telling you. I went through most of the week with a foggy head and a raging headache and it was all I could do to keep it together for my kids every day.

I know I definitely drank at least two of my 32-ounce water bottles each day, plus some, but like I said, I didn't keep track. I didn't always drink out of the same bottle or whatever. I counted it as a success that I was remembering to fill my glass and sucking down water even if I didn't feel thirsty, which I never do except at night or when I'm working out.

I also drank green tea in the mornings rather than coffee on most days this week, so that's good.

The scale budged... in the wrong direction. I know if I could get some good, consistent sleep I would be better off. I just don't know how to do that at this point,. I am about to go wtih "crying it out" which I don't want to do. I'm at the end of my rope, though. I spend hours every night trying to soothe Jordan to sleep and once I do, it's SO HARD to get out of his room without waking him because our wood floors are SO creaky. They make so much noise going up and down the hall.

The lack of sleep is really starting to impact everyone in the family, though. Hubby and I are always so tired, we snap at each other, I yell at the kids, Logan asks me why I'm so crabby. It's not good for any of us. I can't even comfortably drive any real distance because I have trouble staying awake at the wheel. Even 20 minutes to my best friend's house for a play date.

Anyway, that's where I am with that. Whine whine whine.

This week, Lisa asks:

I'd like you to tell me how you think you are doing. And are you happy with your results thus far? Is there anything I can do to help you with your goals --- topic you would like to see in the upcoming weeks, etc.?

Well, sorry Lisa, I'm not doing well at all. I've lost nothing but my sanity and I am not happy with my results at all. I don't know what you can do besides driving over here and giving me a swift kick in the butt. Oh and maybe watching the kids for a few days so I can go sleep it off!

Hmmm... Topics for upcoming weeks? How the heck do you motivate yourself to really just do it? I mean, I got this cute little dress that I want to look good in, and I work out like crazy but when it comes down to following a strict diet, something is making me just not care! It's frustrating. I am not happy with the way I look, and I want to change it, but how do I want it bad enough to actually do something about it?

Tall order, eh?! :)

0 comments: