Sunday, May 9, 2010

A good ending

In all, my Mother's Day was decent. The baby woke up realllllly cranky, and stayed that way, rendering me unable to take him to church, so Logan and Hubby went and Jordan and I went grocery shopping.

He screamed throughout the store. Lots of annoying people for some reason thought it would be helpful to stop us and poke at the baby, asking him what was wrong. I clearly needed to just get the shopping done but people kept stopping and this one girl was telling me he might be teething and feeling his forehead and telling me to give him Tylenol, blah blah blah because "she works with kids and sees this all the time." Um, hello, I'm his mom. Please step aside and by the way, stop touching my baby!


Anyway, I got a beautiful mother's ring from my Hubby (and the boys, of course) and I couldn't stop looking at it all day.

The baby took a nap but was still kinda crabby. He woke up and I fed the kids lunch while Hubby went to the gym. Then he came home and I got ready to go for a run. First, I went to Kohl's to browse around, but it was rather disappointing. I was kind of shopping for a dress for my cousin's wedding in July, and all the cute ones in Juniors were too tight but the ones in Women's weren't all that cute. I swear, WHAT are mid-30s people supposed to wear? I don't want to look like I'm trying to look 20, but I don't want to look like I'm older, either. It's hard to find a happy medium. Especially when you're carrying an extra 15.

I did find a dress somewhere else. More on that in an upcoming post.

After shopping for a bit, I went for a jog. Then I came home and found my Mother's Day card.

They didn't get me or even make me a paper card, but I thought this was so much cooler. While I was gone, hubby and the boys spent some time sidewalk chalking me a sweet Mother's Day message. I loved it!

And then, after dinner, Jordan started flipping out again, so I gave him a bath and was in Granny's rocking chair in his room reading him some bedtime stories when Logan came in and crawled up onto my lap to hear some, too. Then, he read a book to me and Jordan, which was so sweet. It was by far the best part of my Mother's Day. I was just snuggled in the chair with my babies.

Hubby took a pic of the moment. Please pardon my appearance as this is after-run, after-dinner and after giving a howling baby a bath!

In about an hour, Logan will be going to bed. I have to write my newspaper column still (Ugh. No idea what I'm going to write about.) and then I will take a shower and just maybe have five minutes or so of reading before I need to go to bed, so I can get up early and hit the gym.

Wish we had some wine! :)

So, that's how my day went. Hope yours was awesome!