CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Judge not...

I used to roll my eyes when I'd see Angelina Jolie with Maddox and Pax trailing behind her with their blue-painted mohawk haircuts. Anytime I saw a parent with a mohawk-wearing kid, I inwardly groaned. Why would they do that to their kid?

Well, recently, Logan began BEGGING me to give him a mohawk. He really wants one. A real one.

Uh, no.

BUT MOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM I realllllllllllllllly want one!

No.

You're the meanest mom ever, I hate you, I don't know why you have to be so mean, why are you being so mean to me, you never let me do anything.

Yes, this, coming from a five-year-old.

Well, finally I told him we could try a FAUX-hawk. Now all of a sudden, this kid who would never, ever let me make his hair spiky is allowing me to put all sorts of goo in there and pull on it to make his short little hairs go into a really stupid-looking faux-hawk.

And he's so proud of it. He starts asking me, every morning as soon as he gets up, to do his hair up in a faux-hawk.









And then, of course, we had to give Jordan one, too, even though he has precious little hair. He has a few long ones on top, lending him a Kewpie doll effect.

This occurred after lunch one day, when peanut butter and oranges ended up in his hair. They might just be an amazing all-natural replacement for hair gel, although they'd probably attract bees.







My lesson learned: Judge not, lest your son ask for a mohawk too.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Aww! He looks like such a big kid with the faux-hawk. And I cracked up that you gave Jordan one. He just looks plain hardcore. ;)

And things like that always happen. You say "never will I..." and then probably less than 6 months later there you are doing it yourself.

Anonymous said...

I love kids with mohawks! I think that they look stupid on adults (unless that adult is a rock star, obvs.). Go all the way and give a full-on mohawk!

Gwenn said...

Awww, come on mom it's cute! I used to give Jonas faux hawks all the time..now he has enough hair for liberty spikes LOL