CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Finding the good

I really don't like spiders.

They give me the creeps.

So, last September, when these two dudes, whom I called "The Bad and The Ugly" took up residence on my front porch, it was kind of hard for me to let them live there.



But I did.

Because who am I to kill them, just because they freak me out? (Plus, they were outside. If they had been in my house, all bets would be off!)

Spiders make spiderwebs, and I am completely DAZZLED by dewy spiderwebs. When I go hiking or camping, I'm always up at dawn, photographing the sunset and dewy spider webs. (Sure would be nice if I had the digital Canon Rebel I want instead of this little pocket camera that doesn't take the best photos! Shoot, it's only a $700 wish!)

Aren't they just gorgeous? Like strings of pearls.








So, my point is, there is some good in everything. It might be hard to find sometimes, but it's there.

I'm really tired this morning. Jordan was up a LOT last night, so I basically missed out on any sleep between midnight and 3:30 a.m. I slept from 10-12 and then from about 3:30 to 5.

I still got up to go for a jog this morning. My foot hurt and my body wanted to stay in bed, but once I got going it was OK. Then I turned onto my last stretch through downtown and the eastern sky was striped red and blue. It was a really pretty--and brief--sunrise. It began sprinkling during that final five minutes of my run, and by the time I got home, the clouds had chased most of the color out of the sky.

Still, I was one of the lucky ones who got to get up (Yes, GOT TO) and breathe the fresh pre-dawn air and see that glimpse of sunrise before the rain clouds moved in for the day. Most of Lapeer County missed that and I feel sorry for them!

So, today, when life hands you a lemon, do what you can to throw some eggs at it, whip it into submission and hand back a perfectly sweet lemon cheesecake!

Have a great day!

0 comments: