CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 2: Torture, Temptation, Tuesday

Oy, what a day!

Jordan woke up at 4:45 a.m. so I ate a banana went out for a run this morning and started my day smelling DONUTS. The odor was stronger than ever, emanating from Max's Bakery, seen here, which was several tenths of a mile away.



Well, after my short run (it was slippery and snowing) I went to the gym and did the stair climber for a few, and the TV was peppered with images of PACZKIS because, of course, it's Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday).

Made me want to head over to Max's for one of their incredible lemon-filled powdered sugar covered donuts. Ohhhhh......

Went home and had my coffee with skim.

Breakfast was a whole wheat mini bagel with garden veggie cream cheese

Went to Meijer and was confronted by a wall of Paczkis



and the EASTER CANDY IS OUT! Man! Cadbury mini eggs, creme eggs and caramel eggs! Jelly Belly Jelly Beans! Peeps! SO. NOT. FAIR! Of all the holidays, Easter candy is my FAVORITE.



Left Meijer and saw the sign at McDonald's telling me they are now serving that minty green lusciousness known as the Shamrock Shake.



Came home and had some ground turkey and an apple and a string cheese for lunch.

Every time I opened the cupboard I was confronted with these.




I bought them on Sunday and regret it. I LOVE these things. But, they have a decent amount of sugar.

Snacks today were a small OIKOS Greek yogurt, a whole wheat bread and natural peanut butter sandwich and some reduced-fat Triscuits with some summer sausage. Oh, and I accidentally ate a quarter of a graham cracker. Oops. Sugar. I was giving them to the boys and just popped one in without thinking. Oh well, it was good.

Dinner was chicken parmesan and salad. I didn't have any of the bow tie noodles.

Ran to the store after dinner to get my niece a bday gift. Asked Hubby if he wanted anything. He said, half-joking, that I could get some Paczkis. i barked NO! at him and he said "Good."

Grrr...

I wanted a paczki.

Whatever, I'm done with Day 2 and am looking forward to bed.

Still craving sugar. Still kinda tired in the afternoon, but then again I am getting up at 4:45 a.m. and doing cardio, so I might just be tired from that.

G'night!

0 comments: