CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 19, 2010

Sugar fix: It's over!

Well, kids, I surprised myself this week and did really well. Honestly, I thought I'd cheat. Nope! From Monday morning to Friday evening, I had a quarter of a graham cracker and one pez. I think that's it. Oh, yeah, and a bite of a PB&J. Other than that, and my allowed one Greek yogurt a day and a white bun on my sausage the other night, my week was added-sugar-free.

I felt a lot better than I did last week. Yes, I had cravings, but amazingly they weren't quite as strong as the cravings I have for MORE sugar when I've already had it.

Tonight we got carry-out from the Catholic school's Firday night fish fry. We got one baked fish meal and one fried fish meal and that fed all four of us really well. We got a lot of fish (maybe 6-7 pieces per meal), a baked potato, a roll, a cup of cole slaw, corn, and then desserts: two small chocolate chip cookie things, three donut holes, a turnover, a brownie and a piece of chocolate cake. Hubby also brought home some beer.

So, I ate probably 4 pieces of fish (mix of baked and fried) and some cole slaw and corn and a roll, then one donut hole and one of the cookie things. I'm on my 2nd beer. I am pleasantly full and wasn't even tempted to go hog wild on the desserts. I just had a little of them and was satisfied. Cool!

So now the hard work begins, in my opinion... working SOME sugar back in, but not a lot. I don't NEED it and it makes me feel like crap. I'll allow treats when necessary, but I'll be more mindful of what I'm eating.

0 comments: