CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 26, 2010

Mid-Michigan Children's Museum visit

Logan had President's Day off from school, so we made plans with my friend to take our kids to the Mid-Michigan Children's Museum in Saginaw that day. Sadly, they were unable to go because one of the kids got sick, but I decided to take Logan and Jordan anyway.

Boy, am I glad I did! We had a great time.

The museum is in Saginaw, a little over an hour from my house. I packed a lunch and we headed out. I wasn't sure what to expect, since we've been to a number of different museums. This one was all on one level, and mainly in one big room that was divided up into areas. That made it easier to let the kids explore and keep an eye on them. If I had to chase Jordan in one direction, I knew Logan wasn't far away.

There was sooooo much to see! The boys spent several hours playing and exploring and touching and learning. That's why I love children's museums. So, here you go, take a photo tour of the place. I took dozens of photos and didn't even upload them all here. There was just so much to see and do.

We played a lot with these soft blocks. Logan loved building them up and crashing them down.







The ball crank thing (not sure the proper name) was Logan's favorite by far. THIS is a clear example of how NOT to play with the exhibit.

But he had fun cranking the balls up the conveyor.



And Jordan had fun in the ball pit area.



This is what it looks like when the balls are falling toward you.



Jordan got to touch a lot of things he'd be pulled away from at home.



He also got to play with a (cloth-diapered!) baby doll in the pediatrician's office exhibit. Logan gave me lots of shots there, too.



There was a big mouth and the kids played in it and rearranged all the teeth.





The water play area was a lot of fun for the boys











This is an example of how NOT to milk a cow.



The boys had fun with this bubble window thing



Logan got to see the inner workings of a human heart, right up close



Jordan was mesmerized by this neat bubbly mirrored bead maze



We also spent a lot of time trying on glasses at the ophthalmologist office exhibit. You can see that in this post.

All in all, it was a really good day for this mom and her boys!







We've already planned our next trip to the Mid-Michigan Children's Museum. If you live in Michigan, go check it out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That place looks like a lot of fun. I love going to places that have different activities for M too.

Sheila Hickmon said...

Hiya, I'm from Ladybugs and Tonka Trucks, just wanted to tell you that your boys are adorable! They look like they has so much fun!
Thanks again for participating in our Feature Friday!

Emily's Family said...

This looks like a blast. too bad we live in richmond.

http://couponmommyof2.blogspot.com/

Debbie said...

Hi Krystal, Looks like you had a lot of fun at the museum! My in-laws live in Bay City, so next time we are up that way maybe we will plan to go there and check it out! I live in Shelby Township and saw that you left a comment on my blog that you live in Lapeer. That is where my dad is from and my 2 aunts still live there so we go there a few times a year...mostly in the summer. Small world! Thanks for the pointers on cloth diapers. I am trying to win a few to see what kinds I like, but as my due date gets closer, I am guessing I'm going to have to just buy a few and "test drive" them with the baby before I buy a whole stash. I will be sure to ask you if I have questions! Thanks for the follow and for the support!
Debbie