CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Someone's going to get hurt!

Did your mom ever say "If you're not careful, someone's going to get hurt?"

Mine did, and as the mom of two boys, I find myself saying it a lot, especially when they're roughhousing with Daddy!

Well, we went to the Mid-Michigan Children's Museum in Saginaw yesterday (it was a lot of fun, and I'll be writing a review of it within the next few days with lots of photos) and all went well except this one incident that ended in tears. I hate to admit it, but it was kind of my fault. It was not the finest mothering moment.

There was this gadget where you put plastic balls on a conveyor belt type thing and turn a crank, and the balls go up, up, up 'til they spill over into this sort of foam pit area, where there are usually a bunch of kids waiting to get hit in the head with balls. It was Logan's favorite exhibit by far and we spent so much time there, Jordan even fell asleep in the foam pit.

But anyway, the conveyor belt was on this frame, and the frame was wrapped in padding so kids didn't get hurt on it. Logan jumped up on the crossbar and did a front flip and he had such a big smile after he flipped over and landed that I asked him to do it again and again so I could take some photos, even though this was clearly a misuse of the equipment. Stupid Mommy! All in the name of a good photo!

I could hear Mom's voice in my head: "Someone's going to get hurt, Krystal."

I ignored her.

So, of course, someone got hurt. He missed the mat, hit his noggin on the floor and burst into a loud crying fit.

Oops. My poor kid. And I was the one who told him to keep doing it instead of telling him not to do it anymore because he was going to get hurt.

Some mom I am.

Sorry, Mom. I'll listen next time.

The proof:













GUILT GUILT GUILT...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't see any blood! In my family that meant all was well :) lol

Anonymous said...

ohhhh.. my poor nephew!!!! U was taking pic of him crying too!!! I hope his head feels ok!!! Love u logan!!