CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I bet Ellen was cloth diapered!



Since I started cloth diapering a few months ago, I have come to know a community of other blogging, cloth diapering moms. These women are nothing but sweet and helpful when it comes to another mom's questions about cloth diapers. I attended my first cloth diapers chat on Twitter the other night and it was a lot of fun.

One of the most knowledgable cloth diapering moms I have met is Kim Rosas over at the Dirty Diaper Laundry blog, and she's on a mission to get cloth diapers featured on The Ellen Show. I think that's a great idea!

I have written about cloth diapering for my newspaper column, and I know at least two women have made the switch or at least deeply considered it because of my column. I hope there are others I didn't hear about. I also have considered putting together a cloth diaper information booth for the next Mom 2 Mom sale at my son's school. I love helping to get the word out there about fluff!

Cloth diapering is good for the environment, good for babies' butts and good for your wallet. Aside from an extra load or two of laundry each week, there are no cons, and really, it's not that hard to toss in another load of laundry.

Cloth diapers are way easier than they used to be. No pins and rubber pants are required! Plus, with all the great styles and patterns out there, they are damned stylish. Especially on the bum of a dancing baby! Could you just imagine the sweetness of a sea of fluffy bums bouncing to the beat as Ellen dances to begin her show? I would LOVE to be there with my cloth-diapered boy to witness the joy!

I know there are celebrities out there who cloth diaper their babies. Wouldn't it be awesome to show people that not only CAN it be done, but it SHOULD be done and it's CHIC to do it?

So come on, Ellen! I'd be willing to bet that Betty cloth diapered you when you were this sweet little girl!

(I borrowed this photo from The Ellen Show website.)



And see Ellen? Look how adorable you are in a silver skull and crossbones diaper!



A cloth diapering show would be perfect for Ellen to feature for Earth Day. The environmental impact of cloth diapering is great! It would work for Mother's Day, too.

But really, it would be great for any time at all. Encourage people to take a small portion of their tax refunds and spend it on cloth diapers. They'll never have to buy disposables again!

I personally have spent in the vicinity of $200 on cloth diapering for my son. Disposables cost about $10 a week. I can tell you my son will be in diapers for more than 20 weeks! The savings are indisputable!

Go for it, Ellen! Feature cloth diapers on your show!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Love it! You are so right :). Come back to the chat! We love more mamas!

Brenda @ GreenishPink.com said...

Love it!

Shaun Mclain said...

This is nice information blog. Thanks for Sharing.