CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 15, 2010

Sugar fix: Day One food recap

Man! This is HARD!

First of all, I had two things working against me in terms of hunger today. One is that I woke up at 3 a.m. when Jordan did, and even though Hubby got up with him, I was not able to go back to sleep. At all. So, I got up at 4:45 and went for a 3.65-mile run. That is Strike 2. I am always famished all day when I run in the morning.

That said, I did OK today. I haven't actually eaten dinner at the time of this blog post, but it's all prepped, planned and counted. I plugged today's eats into Sparkpeople, just to see where I ended up.

I actually ate a LOT of food. And was admittedly hungry all day!

My eats:

pre-breakfast
4:55 a.m. banana
ran 3.65 miles
couple cups of decaf with half cup (total) of skim milk while reading blogs

breakfast about 9 a.m.
Thomas' 100% whole wheat mini bagel with Tb. of cream cheese
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce with cinnamon
1.5 scrambled eggs (extra .5 because Jordan didn't eat it)

lunch about 12:15 p.m.
(packed and took to children's museum with us)
Yoplait Greek yogurt - honey vanilla flavor
Tuna pouch
raw spinach

snack about 2:15 p.m.
(also packed. ate in car on way home from museum)
apple
light string cheese

another snack because i was really hungry
about 4:15 p.m.
7 reduced fat Triscuits
1 wedge light Laughing Cow cheese
1 Tb. Skippy Natural PB
couple pieces of leftover cooked broccoli and asparagus from fridge

dinner
will be around 7 p.m.
meat loaf w/ ketchup
boiled redskin potatoes w/olive oil and spices
cooked baby carrots

So, it came out to 1866 calories, 229g carbs, 68g fat and 100g protein
kinda high, but at least I have an idea.

sugar today:
18g in the yogurt
1.5 g in the peanut butter
probably some in the Tb. of ketchup I've allowed too. Too lazy to walk upstairs and see how much!

Cravings:
wanted something sweet REALLY badly at 10 a.m., as we were leaving for the museum. Wanted CANDY or a sweetened coffee or a Coke. Didn't give in.
Stopped at Taco Bell after the museum so Logan could go potty. Wanted a taco REALLY badly. Didn't give in.
Rummaged in the cupboards after we got home. Stopped self from eating sugar cookie. Really wanted cookie. Gave it to Jordan instead. Ate that second snack (Triscuits, cheese and PB) instead.

So there you have Day One.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Krys!! I think you did awesome. Avoiding those cravings is huge. And I don't think those cals are too high at all. :)

MarciaG said...

Bravo Krys!
I can totally relate. Totally! :)
Keep it up!