Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday again

Good morning!

Well, it appears we have no school today. Now if my stylist would just call me back to reschedule this morning's hair appointment, I can hunker down here at home with the boys and not go anywhere today. I have work to do anyway because tomorrow, THE MAIDS ARE COMING!

Yes, my darling Hubby has agreed to let me have the maids come do a one-time cleaning. My goal is to get everything not just picked up, but find a place for everything and really try to keep up with it this time. It really shouldn't be so hard. It's kind of nuts how all this stuff accumulates so quickly.

So, how was your weekend?

Mine? Well, it had its ups and downs. Jordan is working on some back teeth and has been SO crabby. You can tell his mouth hurts him so much because he just keeps jamming stuff in there and crying. At night, he wakes up screaming, and the only thing that calms him is Orajel. Poor thing. The Tylenol and Orajel have been working overtime this weekend.

Saturday we took the boys out for a nice walk and then Hubby and I traded gym time.

Saturday night I'd say Jordan was up every hour or so. Hubby and I kept trading night duty. He didn't sleep much at all, and was so cranky.

Sunday morning, Hubby took Logan to Sunday School and attended church alone, and I took Jordan to get the grocery shopping done instead of having him scream through church, so instead he screamed through the grocery store. Fun.

He fell asleep on the way home, and then in the afternoon we had my niece's seventh birthday party. OH MY GOODNESS! We got to see my nieces and nephew and got to see their new house, but there were too many loud people crammed into the house, and the kids were all going nutso because, well, they're kids! Add to that a very fussy Jordan and it was kind of chaos. I had a whopper of a headache by the time we left! We were there about 2 hours, but missed the cake part because Jordan, who had just fallen asleep in the car when we GOT there and then promptly woke up, was overtired and his mouth hurt and we just had to get him OUT of there! He fell asleep on the way home, which pushed his nap later than usual, which pushed his bedtime later than usual. We weren't able to get him to go to sleep until after 9!

Last night, however, he slept from 9-6:15 without waking up! I think he just really needed it! He just woke up and I went in there and nursed him and he went right back to bed. I figure it's the least I can do when he's in so much pain. If something as simple as nursing will soothe him, then fine. I'm not doing it in the middle of the night anymore, but 6 a.m.? yeah, I can handle that.

That reminds me. I never wrote my night weaning blog post! Well, maybe later.

Another interesting thing from this weekend: I fell down.

Since we had the birthday party yesterday, my plan was to get up early and go run, then go to church, then grocery shopping, then the party, then make dinner while Hubby was at the gym. I didn't figure there would be enough time for us both to go to the gym after the party. (This was before I knew I'd be skipping church due to Mr. Crankypants.)

So, I got up at 6 a.m. and went out to run. I had gone about two miles when I slipped on an ice slick while crossing the Burger King parking lot. I am not exactly sure how I flew or landed, but I bashed my right knee, elbow, palm, outside of my shin and butt all at the same time. I must have bounced or something. All I know is that it was really fast and I hit the pavement really hard. I laid there for a minute and then got up and it really hurt. I thought I messed up my knee. All I could think was OK, what's the shortest route back to the car?" and I started limping that way instead of running the direction I had planned. However, after a few minutes of limp walking, I heard a train coming, so I started running again so I wouldn't have to stand there and wait for it to pass. I beat the train by 20-30 seconds, and realized that I felt OK enough to continue running, so I altered my route again to take a longer way back to the car. I was kind of scared of the icy spots, though, and kept walking over the big ones. In all, I went about 3.5 miles. With the fall and the walking it took me 37 1/2 minutes.

As the day progressed yesterday, I kind of started feeling like an old lady! I have some bruises but not as bad as I thought they'd be. I knew, though, that I'd probably be sore today, and there ended up being enough time, so I actually went to the gym last night and did the weights workout I had planned to do today, and I am taking a total day off to recover today. Good thing because I'm kind of stiff this morning, especially my right knee and hip.

OK, so I hope you all have a fantastic week! If you have a snow day today, enjoy it and try not to leave your house. I wish Hubby hadn't had to go to work today.