CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 1, 2010

Something's gotta give

What happens when you're an almost one-year-old very active little boy who just recently took off walking and is on the go all day long, and you don't sleep well at night and you flat-out refuse to nap during the day?

Well, something's gotta give. Tonight, it gave at dinner time.



Poor kid. I "kiss" at him like he's a cat or something. Rude mommy!

Of course, after I took this video, I put him in his crib and he immediately popped up, wide awake, because the crib is, after all, his arch enemy. Hubby managed to get half a container of baby food into him before he refused to eat any more. He got his bath and was asleep by 7.

I'm just hoping that if we keep up the routine, he'll eventually start falling asleep more easily and stay that way. I have no idea what to do to get him to nap in the day, though. Logan was the same way, and I used to drive around for hours so he'd sleep. That's not really an option anymore!

If you have any tips on how to get a non-napper who desperately needs a nap to sleep during the day, let me know!

4 comments:

lovemylevi said...

So sweet! My LO was a non napper too! Then we tried the sleepy wrap and he loved it! I think its meant for younger babies though, leave it to my little guy to be different yet again! LOL http://luvsjurn3.blogspot.com

Gwenn said...

Awwww how pitiful is that? What a cutie pie :) Hopefully the routine

Anonymous said...

Aww! That is so cute. I hope you get the napping figured out. That has got to be hard on both of you.

Lisa said...

I would say promote quiet time in their own room by themselves when they would normally take a nap. Often times, they will end up falling asleep on their own. This has worked for me with my very stubborn 3 1/2 year old that very much still needs a nap on most days, but sometimes fights it.