CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thursday ramblings

Good morning!

Ok, let's get this out of the way. I sucked at my diet yesterday. Had a Halloween play date at my best friend's house and we had cookies and mini pizzas. Lots of white starchy goodness. Tasted great. Made me feel not-so-great, however. I felt guilty, but not super duper guilty. No, actually, it made me feel PHYSICALLY yucky. Which makes sense. It was JUNK food! But I did go for a 24-minute jog after dinner and I actually didn't have to stop to walk at all. All those carbs gave me some energy. That was nice.

Today I am going to be an auntie again! My sister in law was scheduled for her third C-section at 10 a.m., so my two nieces will have a baby brother and I'll have my first and only nephew (she's done after this). As an only child I never really thought about having nieces and nephews but Hubby has one sister and she's given us three. I won't be able to see the baby right away though, because Logan's still coughing so I'm not taking him up there.

I'm having the great flu shot debate. Hubby got one. I might get one tomorrow. Should I get the kids shots too? The only time I ever had one before was when I was pregnant with Logan. I just don't know...

Today I'm going to be a lot better about the diet. Not sure yet if it will be an off day for exercise or what. It's pretty nice out. I should take the kids for a walk while we can. Plus, walking is the week's mini challenge for the Body After Baby Challenge, so I can earn some points!

Jordan pulled himself to standing for the first time yesterday! He used the railing on the dining room chairs at my best friend's house. See:







My baby's getting so big!

Speaking of my baby, he has been a big-time handful the past couple days. Wanting to be held all the time, crying a lot at night, but not wanting to nurse much, etc. Very frustrating and exhausting. Well, I figured it out a few minutes ago. Tooth #4 is cutting through! I have been looking for it, but was looking on the top, center. He has 3 teeth on the bottom and none on the top, so I was expecting the two front, top teeth to make an appearance. I was probing around up there this morning (HE HATES THAT!) and I felt something farther over to the side, so I pulled his lip up and sure enough, there is a tooth coming through! It looks really sore, too. So anyway, I dosed him up with Tylenol and rubbed some Orajel on and all of a sudden he nursed and went right down for his nap! Poor baby. He's been in pain and I didn't do anything about it! Well, now I know.

Guess that's about it for now. Have a great day!