CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11

What can I say? It sucked. It still sucks. Nothing can take it away or make it not suck. There are people out there in the world that suck.

Like everyone else, I remember that day well. I was the assistant editor of the local newspaper. It was Tuesday, which was deadline day for the Wednesday edition. We always had CNN on in the newsroom. Someone came back to where I sat, near the TV, and said she had just heard on the radio that a plane had hit the World Trade Center. We watched. It was interesting, but to be honest, I didn't even know what the WTC was. I had never been anywhere near New York City.

I happened to look back at the TV a few minutes later and saw the plane hit the second tower. Got goosebumps. I knew it wasn't an accident. Continued watching the news. Felt helpless. Cried. Called Hubby at work to make sure he wasn't having meetings in the Renaissance Center in Detroit that day. Boss came in and told everyone to get back to work. Hated him. Tried to go on with my day while sneaking peeks at the TV.

Went home. Watched news coverage with Hubby. Cried. Got scared that Hubby would have to go to war (no, he's not in the military. My mind was playing out the whole draft drama thing. And now that I remember it, Hubby wasn't Hubby. He was fiance. We didn't get married til a month and two days later. I was scared to fly to our honeymoon.)

And so on. You know the story. You were there too. Eight years later, we've gotten on with our lives.

But a lot of people didn't get a chance to get on with their lives, and a lot of people had their lives changed forever when someone was ripped away from them, so think about them today and count your blessings.

0 comments: