CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Trip to the science museum

Hi kids!
We decided to take off Saturday morning and head to Lansing to visit Impression 5 Science Center. It's a kids' museum that Hubby and I both visited in elementary school, and we remembered it to be pretty fun, so we thought Logan would enjoy it.
We got to Lansing and stopped to check out the state Capitol Building, snapped a few photos and headed to find some food. We ate at a little burger place and then went to the museum. Here are a few pics from the day.

The Michigan State Capitol Building (well, the top of it)



Logan in a big mouth



The Bubble Room! (We had lots of fun here)







In the First Impression Room (for ages 0-4) there was the coolest thing for babies. I'd never seen anything like it before. I call it the "padded room." It was squishy and had walls, so it was basically a playpen-type thing, but there were cutout windows and a mirror and baby toys and stuff. Jordan had a BLAST in here! I WANT ONE!!! Here he is in the "padded room."





The mirrors of many Logans.



So, anyway, it was a fun day with my family. I liked the children's museum in Ann Arbor a little better, though. There are still a few other kids' museums around the state I'd like to check out before Logan and Jordan get too big to enjoy them.

3 comments:

MarciaG said...

Is this where you and I planned to meet many moons ago?? ;)
Looks like a lot of fun. I love the padded room!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! My name is Erin and I coordinate the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum blog. I noticed your post in my blog alerts. Great photos of Impression 5 (although, I have to say I was happy to see that you enjoy coming to our museum as well!).

Christina said...

Looks like fun! Science museums are such a great idea for kids. Jordan & Logan are too cute :)