CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Coffee addiction

Hi there. My name's Krystal and I'm a coffee addict.

The funny part is, I am NOT addicted to the caffeine. As a matter of fact, I can't handle much caffeine at all without getting all dizzy and weird. I buy half-caff coffee and fill the coffee pot to 4 cups (which fills my travel mug about 1 1/3 times).

So, I'm not a caffeine junkie, I don't drink a lot of coffee, I don't drink it past 10 or so in the morning, so WHY ON EARTH is it so hard for me to stop drinking it? I get up in the morning and immediately feel the pull toward that coffee pot.

Perhaps it's just the warm sweetness I'm addicted to. I add a spoonful of hot cocoa mix and a generous splash of skim milk to my coffee, so it's like a cafe mocha. Dessert in the morning. Yeah, I guess that's probably it!

Well, anyway, we're almost out of coffee and I'm going to try not to buy more, at least for a while. Maybe coffee will become just a treat sort of thing, like only on Sundays while I read the newspaper or something.

I tried something new. Last night, I set the coffee pot for automatic brew, but I put green tea bags in it instead of coffee. I'm sipping a cup right now. It's not as satisfying but maybe it will become a better-for-me habit.

But MAN! I could use some coffee this morning. Jordan was screaming periodically all night long. And I mean SCREAMING. He'd quiet down if I picked him up AND stepped out of his bedroom, but if we were in his room, he was howling. I'm feeling it today, that's for sure!

1 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

I have never liked coffee so that is not a problem for me. Right now I'm trying to break an addiction to chocolate. Sigh....