CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 18, 2009

Feeling very lucky today

Hubby and I enjoying sunset on North Manitou Island, May 2007



Last night, my husband gave me a REALLY good hug. I was on my way to the gym, and he grabbed me up in a hug that told me in one simple gesture that I am really and truly loved. He hugged me like he never wanted to let me go, and it was completely out of the blue and for no particular reason whatsoever, except that he just WANTED TO.

I left the house feeling very, very happy.

This morning, I heard from a friend who is having some issues with her husband. He's being unfair and quite controlling and it makes me very sad, because she is a great wife and mother.

Anyway, it just made me think of my own husband and I just want everyone to know that I am married to a really wonderful man, and I consider myself really lucky.

He's not perfect and neither am I, and I guess it works because we realize that and just kind of go with it. We don't really argue very often. We might have it out a couple times a year, but it's always resolved rather quickly.

Over the summer, some personal issues have pushed us closer together as a couple and as a family. We now spend a lot more time doing things together and, I think, all of us value that family time. It's precious. We communicate better than we have in years, we seem to have a little more to talk about and it's just nice.

So that's that. I'm just feeling like a really lucky girl today. I love someone who loves me back, for better and for worse, in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, as long as we both shall live, and man, it feels good!

2 comments:

lizzie said...

You are so very lucky. I love the picture. It looks like a postcard or the end of a really good movie.

Christina said...

Love this!!!! :)