CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Back to the gym

Well, after vacation and the two-week gym shutdown, I went back to the ole Community Center last night.
Before vacation, I had done a couple weeks of Jillian Michaels' circuit workouts from her book, "Making the Cut." They were pretty good, got a good sweat going, and I might go back to them, but last night I just felt like hitting the weights.
I started out with 20 minutes on the stair climber, where I enjoyed my new Glamour magazine, and then I headed over to the weight area for some upper body punishment. Here's the workout I did:
Dumbbell chest press (flat): 4 sets of 10. First set with 30 pound DBs, next two sets with 35 pound DBs and last set with 40 pound DBs. (I only made it to 9 reps on the last set)
Cable side raise: 3 sets of 10. Felt like a total wimpo. The first weight on the stack, 20 pounds, was too heavy, so I had to do it with no weights on there. The mechanism itself probably weighs 10 pounds or so, though.
Push-ups on bench: 3 sets of 10. I was able to do 5 on the floor and then had to graduate to the bench for the rest. I still have so much trouble with pushups. I could do them OK pre-baby so I'm assuming it's just still my lingering core weakness that's making it so hard for me.
DB push press: 3 sets of 10. I was getting tired by this time so I could only manage 17.5 pound dumbbells.
DB incline front raise: 3 sets of 10. I used 10 pound DBs on these and supersetted with tricep kickbacks.
Straight-bar triceps press: 2 sets of 12. I put 60 pounds on the machine.

So, anyway, it felt good to get back to the weights, and I'm feeling a little tightness in the muscles today. I'm dying to get my strength back to where it was before I got pregnant. It was fun to be a strong girl!

If I get the chance to go to the gym today, I'll do legs.

I was going to do a Wordful Wordless Wednesday post, but so far, blogger hasn't let me upload photos. I'll try again later.

My little boy should be getting up soon, and then I'll be getting him off to his first morning of 4-year-old preschool!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Christina said...

I hope he has a great first day of preschool. How special! And nice workout :)

Kristin Pizzi said...

great workout! Awee first day of preschool, how cute!

Have a great day!