CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 25, 2009

Houseguests: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

We have three houseguests right now!

My mom came down from the Great White North last night to spend a couple nights here before my cousin's wedding on Saturday. She came down early to help me out, because today was my day to volunteer at Logan's preschool and I also had to take Logan in for his well-child checkup and vaccinations. Mom stayed home with Jordan while Logan and I were at school (I have no idea how I could have ever managed having a fussy naptime baby in the classroom while I tried to help 24 four-year-olds make apples into applesauce and do a number of projects involving paint! It would have been a nightmare!) and she came with us to the doctor's office and took care of Jordan, who was fussy again because it was naptime AGAIN.

Truly, it would have been a hellish day had it not been for my mom.

I love it when Mom comes to visit. Even my husband likes it. It's not like a dreaded "mother-in-law visit" for him.

I do feel bad, though. When Mom comes, it seems like she always ends up working her tail off. She came down a lot when I was on bed rest, and cleaned and cooked and took Logan places the whole time she was here. Even though I'm not on bed rest anymore, she still seems to do a lot of cooking and cleaning, pretty much because she can't stand how much of a slob I am. So, here we are, me calling her Martha (as in Stewart) and her calling me Miss Piggy. We do it laughingly, though. We love each other to pieces.

So, yeah, been hanging out with mom. She's the Good houseguest.

And now we come to the Bad and the Ugly. They just recently showed up and seem to be making themselves at home. I can't tell if they're friends or enemies. They seem to be trying to occupy the same space, but it doesn't look like it's working out all that well. I don't know if they're trying to kill each other or just talking or what. All I know is that they are HUGE and GROSS and they give me the CREEPS.

So, without further ado, here they are:
The Bad and The Ugly!



ACK!

1 comments:

MarciaG said...

Yuck. I am no t a fan of spiders at all.
I just had my dad waste 2 by that were near the front door. They had beautiful webs, but they were ugly and scary! :)

Yay mom!! :)