CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Girls, I need help!

Blogger is really making me angry today. I have photos I want to share and I can't do it! They won't load up!

Anyway, I need some makeup help and am not sure where I would go for such a thing. I realized it this morning as I was getting ready.

The thing is, I need new makeup and some lessons! I never thought I was bad at wearing makeup, but my skin must be changing or something because I can't seem to get it right anymore.

First of all, I have bad (spotted and oily) skin right now, and I'm 33 and am getting deeper lines, and I have broken capillaries in my nose for some reason, so it's all red and weird-looking. I am no longer using makeup to ENHANCE my natural features, I'm using it to HIDE them!

Second, I can't seem to get the colors right anymore, especially for foundation, blush and lipstick. I am at a total loss as to what color lipstick works for me. Everything just looks WRONG.

Also, I can't seem to find TEXTURES I like anymore. Foundation seems too thick. Powder makes it cakey. The blush worsens the effect. The lip liner doesn't go on smoothly. The lipstick gets gunky and tastes bad, etc. etc. etc.

Anyway, all of a sudden, makeup is just not working for me, but the no-makeup look is DEFINITELY not working for me!

Anyone know of a good place to go to get some help? I'm hesitant to go to, say, a store makeup counter because I don't think those people have a clue what they're doing.

If you have any ideas, leave me a comment and let me know!

2 comments:

Mellissa said...

Do you have a MAC counter near you? You will need to pay for it but it is so worth it, I think the request $75 in product purchase.

Option B- Go to a higher end salon that sells makeup and ask for a makeup lesson.

As for products- I swear by Bare Minerals Foundations, Mary Kay for makeup colors and lipsticks. I also only buy department store brands when they are doing there free gifts, its a great way to try new colors or products to see if you like them.

What do you use for skin care? That can make a HUGE difference.

lizzie said...

You look beautiful without anything! You are blessed with being so beautiful on the inside that it radiates through you. Seriously you always look pretty.