CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 13, 2009

This thing is great!

So, on Friday I received a handmade Feeder Frock nursing cover I won in a contest here. The Feeder Frock was courtesy of LaDy LaDuke, and you can find them here.

I got it out of the package and it took me a few minutes to get it figured out. I got it on correctly and took a couple photos. Here's what it looks like on me (I chose the LaDy in Black style, and I love it).





I stuffed the frock in my diaper bag, and over the weekend I tested it out. I used it for the first time at the children's museum we visited in Lansing. I was in a room full of people, with some of them right next to me, and it wasn't awkward or embarrassing at all to be nursing in there. I didn't have to worry about any of my pale, flabby mommy tummy showing, because the frock offers coverage in the back and on the sides, it stays in place and the front part is ample enough to cover everything, but thin enough that the baby can breathe easily and oesn't get too hot.

I tried it out again on Sunday, when the baby started crying because he was hungry during church. I went into a room in the back where you can still hear the sermon, and there were a bunch of people in there. I pulled on the frock, tied it up quickly and let the baby go to town. An old man sat next to me, very close, and I am confident he didn't even notice what I was doing. It was soooo nice not to be struggling to cover things and keep them covered. Plus, the top of the frock is adjustable and you can easily peek in to check on the baby as he feeds.

The only con about the Feeder Frock, as far as I can tell, is that I didn't get one sooner!

Find Feeder Frocks at Lady LaDuke's etsy site, linked above, or here.

0 comments: