CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fitness update

Watching The Biggest Loser season premiere last night (and recording the trainwreck that is the finale to More To Love) has brought to mind my own fitness situation, so I guess it's time for a little update.

By the way, did anyone NOT want to weep uncontrollably when that woman on TBL told about losing her ENTIRE family? I can say with certainty that I would not come out of a situation like that with my sanity. I would completely lose it. I can't even stand to think about things like that.

Anyway, at this point, I'm stuck stuck stuck. I still have 18 pounds to go to my pre-baby weight. I am working out regularly but have not been tracking my food or anything, and I still suck at drinking my water daily.


I have devised a plan for the water goal, though. The plan is to drink three of my lovely 32-ounce Sigg bottles full of water each day. One before noon, one by 4 p.m. and the last one by bedtime. That equals 12 8-ounce glasses of water a day, spaced out to something like one glass an hour. Hopefully by breaking it down like that, it will be a more manageable goal.

As far as the weight loss thing, well, I am joining a Body After Baby Challenge. I am hoping it will offer motivation and help keep me accountable. I will be posting here as I go along, including food, workouts, struggles, and hopefully a decent transsformation! Moms, start a blog and join in! It doesn't matter if your baby was born three months ago or three years ago!

Finally, fitness goals. I'm getting a little stronger the more I go lift weights, but I still have some problem areas. I am extremely weak as far as push-ups go, and my core muscles are still pretty shot, too, so I'd like to work on those and get them built back up. In the future, I'd love to be able to do pull-ups again, too. I am still trying to "remember" what it feels like to really push myself during a workout.

So, that's where I am with all that.

0 comments: