CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Body After Baby: Day 1

Hello friends!

Well, today is the first day of the eight-week Body After Baby Challenge at Mama Notes, so I guess I will have to outline what I hope to achieve during the next two months.

I stepped on the scale this morning. My official starting weight is 163.5. Ouch. I took the dreaded bikini photos and man, I'm sorry, but I won't be sharing them until I have something better to show you in comparison. (You know how mom always said "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't sya anything at all?" Yeah. it's kind of like that.)

So, here is what my plans are for this challenge:

-Starting weight: 163.5
-Eight-week challenge goal weight: 155 (about a pound a week)
-Goal by March 5, 2010: 146.5 (my pre-baby weight)
-After that: who knows?

Exercise plans:
-Be active (cardio, a DVD or weights) at least 6 days a week.
-Strength train three to four days a week
-Stretch more often and improve my flexibility

Long-term fitness goals:
-Regain the ability to do real, unassisted pull-ups (I could do five before I got pregnant)
-Eventually be able to do 10 pull-ups
-Hopefully the custom orthotics I have on order will help my stupid feet (plantar fasciitis) and I will be able to run more often and one day run the Brooksie Way half-marathon and then some day, a full marathon.

Diet goals for this challenge:
-FIRST AND FOREMOST, maintain an ample milk supply since I'm still nursing
-Use Sparkpeople.com to track my food, so I can be mindful of what I'm putting in my mouth
-Eat a variety of healthy, nutritious foods most of the time
-Allow for treats often enough to keep myself sane
-Eat as little high-fructose corn syrup and other CRAP as possible
-Drink at least three 32-ounce bottles of water throughout the day
-Hover in the 1900-2100 calorie range per day (that's my normal dieting calories with 500 calories added for breastfeeding purposes).

So, there it is. That's what I'm working toward during this challenge.

I will blog about my Body After Baby Challenge at least once a week. Probably more, knowing me!

And that brings us to... today! And I don't have good news! Well, it's 50% good.

The good news: I worked out. My mom is still here, so she stayed with the boys and Hubby and I actually got to work out together. First we went for a 30-minute jog. I called him "Coach" because I am WAY out of shape as far as running goes. I felt bad for him because I'm so slow, but he was very patient and he kept me motivated. After our run, we went into the gym for back and biceps. We hit the weights hard and are both feeling it already.
My workout:
-underhand lat pulldown, 4 sets of 10, 80-90 pounds
-one-arm seated cable row, palm up, 4 sets of 10, 50 pounds
-standing row, low pulley with rope, 4 sets of 10, 60 pounds
-side-lying rear delt flye, 3 sets of 10, 10 pounds
-seated bicep curls, 3 sets of 10, 15 pounds per arm

Now the not-so-good news: I didn't track my food. The first day and I already didn't track!
We got up (tired after last night's wedding reception, at which I had a couple drinks) and got ready for church. I smeared a toaster waffle with peanut butter and had some coffee. After church, though, we went grocery shopping then drove through Tace Bell. I got a hard taco and a pintos and cheese. But I was still hungry. We came home and I had a honeycrisp apple and a couple pieces of chicken lunch meat. Then came the gym. Then we had chocolate milk post-workout. Then I made a boatload of apple sauce and ate a bunch of apple peelings as I was making it. For dinner we had French bread dipped in spiced olive oil, rotisserie chicken, broccoli and homemade apple sauce. I also had a couple mini Hershey bars throughout the day. So, I have no idea where my calories fell for the day.

Oh well. Will do better tomorrow.

6 comments:

Melinda said...

Good Luck!
I'm also doing the challenge.

DeeDeeK said...

Looks like you are well on your way...I like that you have some goals for each category. I need to do that too! Looking forward to following you on this challenge...I hope we can all inspire each other to make our goals!

-dd

Jamie H said...

Looking forward to doing this challenge with you! We can do it! I'm going to have to check out Sparkpeople.com!

Christina said...

I've joined in on the challenge, too. Good luck!

Sarah said...

You might not be, but I sure am impressed! Good job!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great plan. I can't wait to see how others do on this challenge as well. I am committed all the way. Let's keep each other accountable. We can do this!!